A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

20 January, 2010

Where's Emmah?

Okay you'd think that would be an easy question to answer... right?

So I left her pre-op at 3:00. I was told that the procedure would take roughly 2 hours. As a standard of practice, I allow an extra hour or more depending on the procedure... but an hour is a good buffer before you start squirming. Off I went to have a seat in the waiting room.

5PM comes and goes. 6PM is here and I have not heard a peep regarding a status report or anything. 6:15 and I'm getting a little tense... So having no one at my side to talk to, I put in a text to Brian (my brother for those who don't know) and a text turns to a call. He suggested that I go and look and as he put it "get involved in the run around in trying to find any information". 6:30 and the waiting room had thinned out. It the immortal words of Popeye... "That's all I can stand, I can't stands no more" I began my quest.

The concierge for the waiting rooms had gone, so off I went seeking someone... anyone. I found the concierge... he was sitting at different desk. So I posed the question... do you have any information on Emmah's whereabouts. One phone call... then a second... a third... another and yet another. First call was to see if she was in fact back in her room... it was after all 6:45. He was told no... hence all the other calls, only to come full circle and be told that she WAS in the room already.


I later learned that she was in the room for about an hour... so I sat there feeling ill and squirming for an hour. I don't have any of the details regarding her procedure other than I can see two bags on either side of the bed, so I can only assume that it went fine. I suspect that I will get a more full report in the morning. I'm just glad that I was able to find her and so far she appears to be quite comfortable and is sleeping. She did mention that her back hurt, but it was hurting in a different way. Hopefully that means that we've given those kidneys some pressure relief and the pain she's feeling is due to the procedure itself. I suspect that we will know more in the day to follow.

That's about it for now...

KEIYTAP

2 comments:

Mom said...

OMG....Jeff, my heart is just aching for you, Julie, Emmah and all. I am so sorry that you had to go through that. Many many prayers are coming your way from almost everyone I know....hang in there kiddo. Hugs to you and Emmah.Hope you get some rest tonight. Luv, Mom

Julie said...

What the he?? is wrong with those people? Not finding you right after surgery is WRONG. They ALWAYS came and got us after each one of Tom's and it was the Dr. who came out and told us the results of the surgery. I am so sorry. Just know there are people out there that love you guys. Hope to see some good news....