Don't answer that knocking...
If you ever hear knocking @ 2-3am... don't answer the door... it's never anything good.
Pain decided to pay a visit to the room last night. Eventually we got him to leave, but it was dueling moaning last night as both Emmah and her roomie were uncomfortable. We were able to eventually get Emmah under control... she had a flare up when getting up to go to the bathroom. She staggered back to bed and eventually things calmed down. Only problem was that the bed that she settled into and calmed down in was mine. So it was the chair for me for a couple more hours. Somewhere around 4:30 we got her back into her bed and I was able to slink back into mine.
Got word this morning that her creatinine level continues to drop... but it's slowed down and I suspect that we may be starting to see the beginning of it leveling off some. I heard that it was 1.4 today. At this point, I don't mind if it continues it's trend (albeit slowly) as long as it continues. Ideally, I'd like it to go back to what was Emmah's normal of .6 before it's all over, but we shall see.
Shhhh... don't tell anyone, but I had gone a bit without showering. I suspect that if you had even a half functioning olfactory system, you'd recognize that once entering "my space". In order to prevent being dragged out and hosed off in the hall and not wanting to be the cause of therapy (after viewing that) I opted to detoxify. There was applause when I came for the key to the shower room. Just kidding... though she did say thank-you when I put the key on the counter before signing it (the key) out... so I guess that's saying something.
That's it for now from here...
KEIYTAP
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
17 January, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment