A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

10 February, 2010

She Is Free

Heaven has the most beautiful angel of angels among them now... watch over us Emmah and give us the courage and strength to carry on. Our hearts are heavy and aching, but you are free, free from your earthly constraints... free and happy as you should be... as you deserve to be.

Fly away my precious butterfly... come visit our garden often... we will be waiting for you.

KEIYH

35 comments:

Unknown said...

You are all in hearts today. God bless you.
Anish and Leslie

Anonymous said...

We love you all. Emmah's smile will be with us always. Love Kim, David, Heather and Andrew

Deidre said...

Our hearts are heavy thinking of your family. Wishing you strength as you cope with the unimaginable. Fly free sweet Emmah, but hold your family close in your angel's wings and whisper to them of the beauty and peace where you are.
Sending you all our love, Mike and Deidre

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May you always remember the joys Emmah brought to your family.
Tracey (Salzberg) Freedland

Unknown said...

You are all in our thoughts and prayers. She was such a special angel. She always had a smile on her face. We love you, Aunt Rae, Uncle Tom and Sean

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jeff & Julie:

We both send our deepest consolation to you and your family. Keep in mind that she's been summoned home by the Lord, and that she's made whole again in His presence.

Call if you need us!

Steve & Debbie

R. Scott Barnas said...

Words fail me now other than that I am so very sorry, and as a parent I cannot even begin to conceive what you all as a family are going through right now. While it is not my official place to do so, I think I can safely say that we of the Joliet 86 Music Department were privileged to have her within our ranks. She wore the uniform with class and dignity, personified everything (both musically and otherwise) we wish to see in our members, was an invaulable part of the Hufford and All City Bands, and takes an honored place in our nearly century-old history.

Personally, I plan to write more in the memories section of your page, but let me briefly say here that I have been priviledged to know her and the family, and am simply in awe of the strength and grace she and you all have shown thoughout this ordeal. Mr. and Mrs. Gudeman, if I can be half of the parent you both have been and continue to be I (and my children) will indeed be very very lucky. For what it is worth, you both have my unending admiration and respect.

Godspeed, Emmah. We will all miss you terribly. Take your place with Sousa, Harding, Mattei, McAllister, and all the other band giants in the great band The Other Side must have and do us proud.

Tracey Edwards said...

My heart is so heavy and my eyes are weeping with yours. I'm so sorry you lost your beloved Emmah. I've been one to silently watch over your blog over the years and hadn't visited in a couple of months. When I went on yesterday, I was shocked and saddened to her Emmah's latest challenges. While my heart breaks with yours, know that she is no longer in pain. The Gudeman's have a beautiful angel watching down on them. God bless and ZLAM.

Anonymous said...

I am so, so sorry and so sad. The thought of losing a child is just incomprehensible. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Emmah is free and painless! I hope that knowledge helps your hearts heal.

Elizabeth Roeder

Cathy Connell said...

I am so sorry to hear and can't find the words to express my sadness. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless your family as you get through this painful and sorrowful time.

Anonymous said...

If ever there was a person that went straight to Heaven on the express train, it's Emmah. May God bring you peace.

RunnerGirl said...

Our love and prayers to the entire family.
Andrew, Janeth, Kyla, Erik Ohst

Rocha Family said...

I'm so sorry. When I found out today in class, it was like a dagger just stabbed me through my heart and kept stabbing at it. I loved her so much. I never, in my life, wanted to hear the news of her passing. She will be with me forever.
-Tristian

Julie & Jeff said...

Jeff and Julie,
When Mom called me this morning, I felt so much sadness for you. We were in the car on our way to the house. I had turned the radio off to hear Mom. When I turned it back on, Tom Sawyer by Rush was on. You may not know this, but Tommie Adams used to play that song all the time with his "air drums". I knew at that moment that Emmah was safe and Tommie is now watching over her while they are up there playing percussion together. She is in good company up there, don't worry. Nana is probably teaching her how to knit as we speak. Your dad is there for her too.
I am here for you if you all need anything that I can do from here.
I will keep praying for you and the kids that you find comfort in the coming days, weeks, months and years to help get you through this.
Emmah will always hold a special place in our hearts.
Love,
Julie, Jeff, Bekah and Tommie

Ken said...

Jeff, Julie, Nick, Jakob, Rachael, Lyndsey and Ana -
Words cannot describe what we are feeling at this moment. Our hearts and thoughts go out to all of you. May Emmah's spirit continue to live on and be with you for each day forward.
Ken, Brenda, Erika and Ryan

Anonymous said...

My heart is aching for all of you, having to go through the unimaginable, and the grace with which you have gone through it. I am thankful that Emmah's pain is over, She was a blessing to many and touched people she did not even know. There have been alot of tears shed for her today. If I can do anything just call. -Annette Hatz

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for your family. God definitey has another angel with him.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff and Julie

Nathan called me on my way home today with the news about Emmah. He was crying and talked about Emmah being the percussion mom in his class. He said they talked about her always watching out for them all and helping them in band. I remember Emmah from before you knew she was ill and I'll always remember how much she helped at our scout meetings with her little brother and sisters. She was always so happy and inquisitive. Nate and I spent some time looking through her Quest pictures tonight. Please know that she will be missed by her friends and as a parent my heart is breaking for you.
All our thoughts and love
Tammy, Tom, Nathaniel, and Matthew Walsh

Anonymous said...

I am so sad and sorry to hear that you have lost your beautiful Emmah. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. You now have a very special angel. Love, Carol, Dan, Peyton, & Makenna Skoczylas

Unknown said...

Jeff and Julie,
I can't get Emmah or either one of you off my mind today. Aunt Rae and I know exactly what you are going through. We are both here for you. To listen...to pray...whatever you need.
We will continue to keep Emmah, you and the kids in our thoughts.
Please...do not hesitate to ask.
Love you both,
Uncle Tom And Aunt Rae

Kevin and Wendy Campbell said...

We will continue to pray for you all. So sorry for all of the pain and the loss. Your beautiful words express how precious and extraordinary Emmah was. Her imprint on the lives of others will surely endure. Kevin and Wendy Campbell

Sandie said...

Jeff and Julie
Thank you for allowing me to hover near your family today as you said good-bye to your precious Emmah. Her love was there today among all of you as it will continue to be forever. She lives on in Ana's laughter, Lyndsey's smile, Rachel's coyness, Jake's quiet wisdom, and surely, Nick's brotherly love.
God bless you all. Sandie

Anonymous said...

We are so sad and so sorry to read this post--but glad Emmah no longer is struggling and in pain. Our thoughts are with you during this terribly difficult time. Keeping Emmah in our hearts--
Leanne, Don, Emma, Sara, and Spencer Brown

Anonymous said...

I just came across your link on your daughter's facebook. My Son who was her friend at Hufford had asked me to look at her page and add her on Monday. I got busy and figured I would add her later. I just added her. Then today I hear the news and find out that my Son was taking the news pretty bad.I looked at your family picture, another family like mine with 6 children. I can relate to the noise filled home, the hard times of balancing time with each child but I can't relate on how you feel with this happening to your family. Alot of mixed emotions you must feel. Our family had plans on going to the fundraiser and still will attend for her. You HAVE not HAD a beautiful daughter. She WILL always be your daughter. I will keep your family in my thoughts and hope that the last moments were peaceful for her and your family.
Loving thoughts,
The Gregory family

Krista Bylon said...

I tossed and turned all night with my heart heavy for your loss.I did not get the pleasure of teaching Emmah at the preschool but I have been there to see Jakob...Rachael and now my little Lyndesy and I have never met a more caring and gentle family!..Your children are so full of love and I am very honored to be involved in your lives!...You have battled this horrible disease with courage,strength, hope and dignity.You are an example to us all...Rest in peace Emmah, may your smile light up the Heavens

Anonymous said...

Although I didn't get to know Emmah very well I feel as if I've known her forever from what Brian has told me about her and the whole family. She is a sweet, polite and amazing girl and I could tell that you have done a great job raising her and the rest of the pack. It was so hard to watch, but have to say you, Jeff and Julie, have done an amazing job with all of the kids. Time will pass and the pain will dull, but forever there will be an empty place that only Emmah could fill. I wish all of you strength, courage and will to move forward. Emmah will never be forgotten.

Natalie said...

My heart is heavy with the loss of someone so dear and who has touched so many lives. May memories of days of laughter and fun help heal the pain that so many are feeling. The Gudeman and Wilmes families are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you all. Love, Natalie

wtrmrk said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. God be with you.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I just can't imagine the paid that you are going through. My heart goes out to you and your entire family.

I am praying for you.

Colleen McNamara Mansfield

Anonymous said...

Julie and Jeff,
We (your Globe Union friends) were saddened to learn of your loss. I have silently followed your blog every couple months and was shocked to see your latest post. I know it is not much comfort right now, but Emmah pain is over and like you said she is with the angels now. You have all demonstrated amazing strength over these years. May your pain swiftly pass and only leave behind the wonderful memories.
God bless you all, Noreen B

CATS=MEOW said...

Julie, Jeff and Kids,
You gave us all a gift in just knowing your Emmah, thank you. And thank you for letting us in on your lives, thoughts, hopes, fears, and dreams through the blog, I feel privileged. Emmah and all of the Gudeman family, you are forever a part of my heart.
Love, Bridget

Karen said...

The day you left us it broke our hearts, but you didn't go alone. Because part of us went with you, the day God took you home R I P BEAUTIFUL ANGEL! WE MISS YOU !!! KEIOH!

Anonymous said...

I am Charlie and Jean's goddaughter. My heart goes out to you, as a mother who has lost two children - one a biological son and the other a stepson and child of my heart. My prayers and thoughts are with you and all of the family.

Love, peace & all good,
Dianne

Kiara said...

I am so sorry.When I heard about Emmah passing,it felt as if my heart just stopped.When I went home thet day,I had a hard time trying to sleep.All I could think of was thh Gudeman Family and how sad they were about Emmah's death.KEIYH Emmah will always be with us. -Kiara