Welcome to our guest book...
Click ---> this link <--- to sign it.
We'd just like to know the who,
the where of who's reading and/or
following our little circus life here.
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
01 March, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
46 comments:
Just thought I'd leave a note so you'd know the identity of at least one of your blog visitors. Sometimes I try to see what you guys are up to from time to time (in the wee hours of the night, way past your bedtime in CST) and KYIMTAP.
Auntie Nee Nee
I've been thinking about you and cheering you on. Hang in there and keep your head up! - Mrs. Campbell
Keep us updated, we have Emmah in our prayers!
Janeth Ohst and family checking in. Always praying for Emmah.
Emmah -- Thinking of you and keep that chin up! We hope you had a fun vacation with the family.
Heather says "Hey".
This is my first time reading your incredibly informative blog! I will now check back frequently to see how Emmah and the Gudeman's are doing.
The cottage in Wisconsin sorely missed the Gudeman family visit last year, and is pining (as in Christmas tree!) for another visit by the clan. The Innkeeper (me) says it will be available anytime before, during & after Thanksgiving Day, for as long as you would like to stay. There have been more improvements (including a big screen TV), new bathroom, and more, just waiting for your visit. Call or contact me for keys! Give Emmah a big hug for us, and we hope you will be able to make the Wisconsin trek!
Dona & Bud
Dear emmah, julie and jeff....i think of you all so often, please give emmah a big hug for me, i will call you in the next few days, I really want to come and visit Emmah....I will contine to pray, love to you all...
Debbie Karlsson MAW
Glad to hear Emmah is home. We are thinking about her and all of you. You guys are all awesome.
Hoping you can do the Thanksgiving trip.
Dona & Bud
So great seeing you all the other day. Emmah -- Heather has the pic of the too of you as her wallpaper on her phone! The one of you trying to be taller!!! I hope the rest of the weekend was relaxing.
Kim and Heather
Love your blog!
Wishing you a great 2010!
We are keeping you all in our prayers!
Tammi (Browder) Gorsak & Family
Wishing you the best! Will be praying for you.
Keep your chin up! We are praying and thinking of you.
This is me! I check y'all out all of the time. Yep! I'm a lurker! Love you all, even if only three of you know me (well, Emmah may not remember!) KYIMTAP! Although I finally know what that really means, I like to keep on making up silly things! Keep yakking in my tent always, please is not one of my best!
Emmah and Co. have some pretty amazing parents! Props to my peeps! Love you; mean it! Sah
Hi - This is Bonnie checking in - (Jim Bonczyk's mom) - we are keeping Emmah in our prayers (along with everyone at our church). Julie may remember our pastor (Brandon Woosley) who also went to Schaumburg High. Emmah continues to be on the weekly prayer list.
It is a shame that these doctors and medical staff can't seem to remember why they got in their profession in the first place. That's assuming that there hearts were in the right place when they started. Hang in there!! Keep speaking out!!!
Jeff, you an amazing Father......What would Emma do w/out you? I devised my own little prayer for Emma and say it daily, Dear Father, I pray for continued revival of Emaa's spirit. Surround her with your love. Banish any weakness and relieve her pain. Restore her strength and give her perfect health. Continue to shed your divine spirit within the hearts of her family through Jesus Christ Our Lord.....Hugs to Emma....Debbie Karlsson MAW
Hi Gudemans...I wanted to say Hi and let you know that I am always thinking of you...and praying ...and missing....and hoping 2010 is filled with many possibilities for you. Please tell Emma I am always thinking of her and sending her infinite love and gratitude. It's a joy knowing you all.
xoxoxooxoxox
Lisa Stevens-your haircutter
Hi Jeff! Just been reading your entries as of late. I am humbled by the family's journey thus far. I pray for you all daily and love Emmah so much. Am trying to give Lyndsey the love that she needs here at preschool.
Just wanted to make sure that you knew how much we think of you all and love on you from afar! :)
Patti Kelly
Also was wondering if you want to post the spaghetti dinner information on the blog....just a thought. It's on February 26th from 4-7. It will include a silent auction, raffle and bake sale. Tickets are $8 for adults, $5 for children (3-12). Of course, at First Pres. Church! :)
Hang in there my friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Emmah. Lou
So glad to hear pain has subsided!!!Thank God....can they gave her Zofran before the pills, so she does not throw them up? Praying for her and all of you all the time!!
Debbie MAW
Julie and Jeff - Anne has been keeping us updated but I asked her to send me your website. All our love and prayers. Please call with anything you need.
Marianne and John Stanley
Julie and Jeff .... We've been following your blog and I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your taking the time to keep it updated. We're rooting for Emmah and you are all in our prayers. Tom and Jeannie Justie
jeff and julie : just wanted to let you know that you are all in our prayers everyday... love you and pray for the best!!
Hi Jeff! Just wanted to tell you that not only am I praying for Emmah, but I am praying for you as well! What a great dad you are! Emmah's #1 cheerleader! Keep up the good work and sleep when you can. You are a VERY important person in this journey! :) Sending Mrs. Kelly hugs your way!
Love,
Patti
Billy Bal
Jeff and Julie and all the Gudeman's.
Your journey is long and winding,and you and Julie are just fantastic parents.Jeff I always understood why when I first met your Dad how appropriate your surname is. He was a Goodman yeah it my be corny coming from your Polish cousin's side of the family but I mean it!
You are not only a GOODMAN but also more importantly a great Father. Let the Lord surround Emmah with his arms and provide her Peace Strength and Love.
Please also know you are doing a stellar job staying on top of all the medical options and procedures.I after being in hospitals for so many friends and relatives that I realize the statement Doctors practice Medicine and quite frankly the nurses do so much of the heavy lifting. Call me if you need to vent, scream, or talk about anything, as you continue to battle with courage this horrible challenge. Our family will be there for yours.Emmah you are an absolute warrior.Prayers and Love to all of you. God keep you strong.
E-Mail billybal9999@yahoo.com
Thinking about Emma
Tammy Walsh
was just stopping by to see how things are going, I hope well, you haven't updated in a few days... how is it going?--Annette
Oh Jeff, Julie and Emmah....I read your blog with a heavy heart and with such tears in my eyes......why all the suffering? I do not know the answer at all....I do know that many many people love you all and have been praying for you all and somehow someway is sustaining you through all of this suffering.
A couple of thoughts come to my mind that I would like to share with you that have happened in my own life, my sister Allanna lost her husband suddenly when he was just 36 years old. I remember telling her back then that someone has to go first and someone has to go last (both suck)and that for some reason we all just do not die when we are old. I do not begin to have answers to these questions.
When my father in law passed on he had been living with us and we were very close, even though he lived to a ripe old age of 82 I took his passing very hard. His dear friend June sent me something that I would like to share with you that I hope helps in a tiny way...Jesus brings forth no philosophical arguments and he does not try to prove the reasonableness of immortality, he simply declares it. He speaks of what he knows and answers with the authority of heaven. "I am the resurrection and the life" He who believes in me though he may die, he shall live (John 11:25). This resurrection has 2 aspects, the bodies of the believers will be raised and their spirit lives on in heaven. What does this mean for all of us? Death does not sever our love for our loved ones, for love belongs to the spirit and not to the body. When those we love go on a long journey their thoughts span the distance as though it were a step and their love enfolds us as though they stand beside us. Jesus promises that we will be reunited one day and God gives us back all our precious loved ones. I keep this in my bible and read it often. While I am not projecting any thoughts on Emmah and what is going to happen next, know that God is with you this second, and the next, tonite and tomorrow and always, even when you call on him and you feel he does not answer. You might be saying, yeah sure, you are not going through this and you are right and I pray I never go thru what you have had to endure, but my faith has kept me intact in other situations in life and hope that this helps you as well.
I have called Julie a few times in the last week, but have missed her to offer any help. Please let her know, if she needs something - maybe a meal, whatever, help with the children I can be there for her.
You are wonderful parents, you are a wonderful dad and you are experiencing the ultimate struggle now, know that you are in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers. Please please tell Emmah I am proud of her, I love her and send her a BIG long hug from me, since I cant do it myself.
Debbie Karlsson MAW
P.S. When I take that long journey myself I do plan on asking God why all the suffering??? Debbie
We are thinking fo all of you. We love Emmah Auntie Gerri
On my heart and in our prayers. So touched and moved by the courage your family shows.
Julie -
You and all of your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Sharon Rohan
We are so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your family.
Sincerely, David and Caitlin
My deepest sympathies....Emmah is a heavenly angel now...I will always remember the earthly angel she was. God be with you all.
Debbie Karlsson
Emmah...you will always be one of my closest friends and I will always have you in my heart no matter what and I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you an praying for you and your family. Continue to be the angel that we know you are and look down on us from heaven :)
Please accept our condolences with deepest sympathies.
Epi Vazquez & Family from Nothern California.
My deepest sympathies and condolences to the Gudeman family...
Jim Holzer
To all of the Gudemans: My deepest condolences and sympathies to all of you.
-Randy Chertkow
I am so, so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies and prayers for all of you.
--Chris Courtois and family
Julie, Jeff & family - there just aren't words adequate for a time like this. God bless Emmah. We are thinking of you all - you are in our prayers.
Laura McTigue & family
I just heard about Emmah from my wife, Pearl Sanchez, who was a Zeta at U of I with Julie. As I sit and read your blog I am amazed at your courage. I have laughed and cried throughout. My family is praying for you and your family. Finding peace with your loss will be a long journey but it is my hope that you will at least cross its path once in awhile. God speed to you all. - Tracy Vanderwiel
Jeff,
I am so sorry for your loss. There really are no words that will ease the pain. The only comfort will be in the wonderful memories you all shared together and the fact that Emmah had THE BEST family any little girl could ask for..hugs to all of you.
Deb B
(a friend of your mom)
If there is anything we can do for you just let us know. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
I'm a friend of Sarah Bennett's. I can't remember exactly how I came across your blog by way of her, but I did, so there you have it. I've read many, many of your entries, and gotten to know your family and Emmah posthumously. I cannot imagine the grief and terrible sense of loss you and your family, her siblings endure. I hope you are healing, however slowly.
Lisa J
Post a Comment