Emmah's creatinine levels have dropped going from 3.9 to 2.85 so this is a very positive sign and a significant drop. Thanks for all the prayering and positive imagery/energy thoughts... keep 'em coming.
Next step, while we're waiting, is to see about getting her belly settled and her more interested in eating as well as managing that never ending pain.
Okay, so Julie had expressed to me that maybe I should've tempered my last post where I make mention of Dr. Cohn and U of C, I personally don't feel the need and this will be as close as I get to tempering. To be clear... I am angry. BUT... I have nothing against Dr. Cohn per se... not really. It may be that her personality type at least that which I was exposed to in the hospital (and this really is the only setting I see her) is not a good match/mix with mine potentially contributing to the perceived personality and the unfulfilling (<--- Webster liberties again) communication. I'm not totally dissin' U of C... I am really angry though about how Emmah's current condition was handled especially in the context of us working toward getting on the trial.
It (in my opinion) was time wasted and we don't have time to waste!
We... perhaps I should say I... (don't want to speak for Julie) felt like we were just tossed in a room at the end of the hall and the mind set was toss more drugs at her to alleviate her pain. To be fair... pain and pain management is a very tricky business and I understand that is why we were there to help control/manage her pain. Unfortunately it's not as cut and dry as take two aspirin and call me in the morning and things do need to be tried before seeing if they work.
I realize that it's all too easy to look back and see what should have been done, but again I reiterate, you go to a doctor because this is what THEY do... and we did inquire about things often. If you have a problem with your plumbing, you call a plumber... well I don't, but you know what I mean. Car trouble and you can't fix it, you go to someone who's trained to... right? I think I've made my point.
I can't help wonder where we'd be today if things were followed a bit more closely... or at all. I understand that based on her kidney function from the 29th things were fine.... BUT somewhere along the way things started going south and we didn't know they were going south until we got here and we were told they WENT south. That to me is dropping the ball.
What happened has happened... I'd rather have had things happen differently but they didn't. All we plan on (or can do) now is to move upward, onward and look forward... and we shall.
KEIYTAP
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
15 January, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment