More waiting... weeeee!
No, not for the BMAs... those were done around noonish.
There was talk of starting the trial Friday.
FRIDAY!?!?!
What's wrong with tomorrow? I suspect damn paper work is to blame!
So more waiting... uggg!
Emmah managed to pilfer my bed here... she's sleeping on it now as I type this out. I don't mind... it's just good to see her out of her bed. Even if it's just in another bed.
She's still in pain, but at least the pain meds that she's being given are allowing her to sleep. God knows she needs it and without question deserves it!
I continue to be astounded at the amount of pain medicine that she is getting. They increased her on demand dose. It was 25mg per push of the button, now it's 35mg per push. There is like a ten minute lockout feature on it so that she can't sit there pushing and pushing the button.
Thing of it that's so frightening is that if you or I had a one time 35mg shot of dilaudid... or even a 10mg one time shot... there stands a really really... really good chance that it would kill us. Her body has become so acclimated to the drug and she's built such a tolerance to it that it takes as much as she's getting to help her through the pain. In addition to the dilaudid, she's getting something like 100mg of methadone over the course of a (24hr) day.
I don't know if the trial med is going to be the thing or not. I do know that we are hanging a lot on it. Hopefully it will have a positive (and lasting) effect and will be tolerated well enough that it will allow for us/Emmah to continue. I'm hoping that things haven't gone too far already. I'm hoping that this does work and it brings with it some pain relief. Relief from a pain that has been so prevalently increasing and sadly a part of Emmah's (and our) everyday life since October now. I'm hoping that we will get to go home sometime before 2010 gives way to 2011. I'm hoping for a miracle.
Man, we're sure hanging an awful lot on that one word...
HOPE!
KEIYTAP
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
27 January, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment