Much as we feared with all the pain "management" taking place and then the whole kidney ordeal leaving us NOT doing anything to arrest growth... it did just that. It grew. Not only has it grown... it's spread some. I'm not going to get into the particulars and since I didn't want to read the report... I don't rightly know them (those particulars) anyway. This comes as no great surprise to us... disappointment yes, but not a surprise. Secretly I've been hoping for a miracle all along.
God... if you're reading (and why wouldn't you be?) we're ready for that miracle... lay it on us big guy.
If there ever was a time that we were standing at a crossroad, it's now... actually it's more of a dark scary path that I don't want to start down for fear once stepping on it, it will be too hard to turn, or make it, back from. We for the first time are talking seriously about quality of life issues for Emmah.
De-bulking is not an option at this time and so it comes to what do we want for Emmah and what does she want. We are going to go ahead and see if we can get on the trial that we came here for in the first place. It seems that there might be a couple of slots open after all... but we will have to wait and see on that. That being said, I don't know that this trial is our last option, but it's getting down there and running thin. Again, it goes back to quality of life.
Right now as I type this out, she's in recovery. They've opted to take out the stents. Their thought was that perhaps they were causing some of her back pain and with the nephrostomy tubes diverting all the urine anyway, they (the stents) aren't needed. So we will see if that brings ANY sort of relief.
We are not at the end of the road... not yet. Emmah is still with us and we are working on keeping it that way... but we fear that we are standing there staring down that road.
So in a long line of set-backs... we've hit yet another one.
With hope fading... we still cling to the hope that she still can get on this trial and that it does something for her. We still would like to talk with the doctor from MD Anderson again (having this new information) and see if he has any ideas.
KEIYTAP
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
26 January, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment