to the North Side.
We're going to be leaving the lovely confines on the South Side and moving on up to the more affluent North Side as there is an opening on the trial that we were hoping to get on at Children's Memorial.
We are supposed to be heading on over today to talk with the doctor over there, sign consent papers, start the screening process and it looks like (at least for now) trading one bed for another. Too bad as the rooms at CMH aren't quite as nice as the rooms here, nor is (if I remember correctly) their internet connection as reliable!
So I will now spend the rest of the morning packing up and getting ready to vacate and make the short trek. Emmah will be getting an ambulance ride.
The harder part will be trying to coordinate getting Julie to CMH as she has to sign the consent papers as well.
SO the good is that we're close to starting the trial we (for lack of anything "better" out there) wanted... pray that she meets the strict requirements. The bad is (at least for the moment) that we won't know how it will be handled by Emmah, nor it's efficacy... and of course... Emmah is STILL in pain and uncomfortable.
...SIGH...
I need a shower, a shave and a drink or three. While I'm at it... to drop a "few" pounds, a million dollars... but most of all, what's as difficult to come by as the others... peace of mind.
KEIYTAP
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
08 January, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment