or darker pending your perspective.
As most of you (if not all) might imagine there are only SO many things that can be done to while away the hours as they pass one on to the next. Sleep... Eat... Get even fatter. Count people going by on the street below, count cars... see how many times the stoplight changes in an hour... and no, I'm not sitting eye glued to the window for a full 60 minutes. One minute's worth of changing x60. Listen to my iPod... at this rate I will know literally every lyric to the near 4,000 songs on there by the end of the week. For the record I already do know every lyric... this would be more of an ingraining of them really. Read news headlines online and reaffirm my belief that we as a species aren't getting any more intelligent. Get caught up in old Johnny Carson clips or Dean Martin roast videos on YouTube. Catch up on all the old programs (i.e. Rockford Files) on Hulu... play games... watch Emmah and of course just sit here typing posts for the blog.
What does ANY of that have to do with the price of tea in China? Nothing...
One of the things I requested from home was a Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Bar. I rationed it... and I'm going out on a limb here... like the Golden Child... for I knew not when I would be able to get another one. For those of you who have not seen that movie (and I suspect that's most of you) I will enlighten you as to my vision. The Golden Child was captured and left to starve in a what could best be described as a giant bird cage. He refused food offered to him because... well it's not really that important. What is is that he sustained himself by taking these little nibbles of this tiny leaf he had stashed on himself. That's how I was eating my chocolate bar... savoring one little square at a time... my cage being a giant hospital. As of this morning, I had two squares left and I slipped one in my mouth to let it slowly melt/dissolve and coat my mouth in all it's chocolaty goodness as I sat and passed the time on the computer.
Hours drifted by and I finally decided that it was time to get up and let my backside get some air and stretch out and straighten my back. I went to sit back down but before doing so, I adjusted my blanket that I was sitting on and discovered a big brown spot where I was sitting. Eeeek!! I hope that wasn't me... I mean I have been eating a somewhat steady diet of Chipotle burritos. I was relieved (and saddened) to realize that it was chocolate... my last piece of chocolate. Then I had the horrible thought... oh man... if I was sitting on it, then it would stand to reason that I will look like I shat my pants! Somewhat panicked, I started to umm... feel around. Hey... hey... I'm just checking to see if I have melted chocolate on my bottom. Whew! Luckily I didn't and that means that I get to keep on wearing my pants and not be left to only my sleep pants... not that that would be the end of the world. I did make my way to the bathroom to have a visual and did find a spot on the rear pocket. Better there than you know... more towards the middle.
I suppose you were reading this to the end hoping to see if I was going to post something about Emmah. She's still in pain... not shocking... but she says that it's a little different than the other pain that she was experiencing. It's too early to tell what pain is what back there, but it seems to me... and this is just me... she is a little more comfortable than pre procedure.
They are talking about changing up her pain regimen a bit. I jokingly inquired if the change was being made because Emmah was single-handedly running the hospital out of dilaudid. At any rate, it's been a relatively (and most welcomed) slow day. Emmah is just getting blood to boost up her sagging hemoglobin.
Oh... by the way... about 90. That's how many light changes in an hour... for those inquiring minds.
Throw an extra prayer Julie's way... she's sick... she has strep.
KEIYTAP
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
21 January, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So that's what you were savoring on Sunday! Sorry you lost that last piece, I know what it's like to have that last piece sitting there, waiting for you to savor...then bingo you find out that you SAT on it. No Trader Joe's in walking distance? :)
Thanks for the update on Emmah and the changing of the traffic lights.
Luv, Mom
THAT SUCKS!!! No chocolate???? Sorry Julie is sick. Not good. Hope she gets better soon.
Post a Comment