The good... her creatinine level is down to 1.2, and her blood pressures have come down to where they've stopped the med.
The bad... her pain is up.
They've tweaked her pain med a tad and decided to take a peek at the kidneys... specifically the left one.
The bad part 2...
They looked at both, but the concern still lies with her left one especially since the hydronephrosis over there has not gotten any better and in fact has gotten worse. There seems to be some dilation of her ureter at the top near the kidney.
So tonight a catheter goes in and tomorrow morning she will be going in for a procedure where they will be injecting something and watching. Pending what comes of that will determine if there's going to be a tube placed through the skin to drain... or as mentioned in a previous post a nephrostomy tube.
I kind of have to wonder here as we move on... was/is that left kidney functioning at all? We know that the left one has been beaten and battered all along. We also have been told (previously) that the function of it (the left one) is reduced.
So what I wonder then is this;
I don't believe that the left kidney was offering anything (significant) in way of renal function. I think that the right one was and is pulling almost full duty. See if her kidney numbers were okay on the 29th of Dec, it would stand to reason that given the condition of her left kidney then, I don't think that further deterioration of it caused the increase in her creatinine number. We after all can function on one kidney. So I think that the right one said that's it... I think that as the left one has continued it's demise the right one may have been overworked. I'm no doctor, but it seems interesting to me that while her creatinine level is returning to a more normal level, I don't think that placing the stent in the left kidney was the trick... I think the right one getting the stent did more towards getting that creatinine number down.
I don't know if I was able to translate sufficiently what is in my head to the keyboard.
Her right kidney remains unchanged... hydronephrosis is present, but at least it didn't get bigger.
Now have to wait on the result of the abdominal x-ray... checking to see if there's any kind of intestinal back up or blockage.
KEIYTAP
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
18 January, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment