A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

08 November, 2009

The fall out following the fall out.

Sadly Emmah's hair is falling out again... this would be the third time (for those keeping score at home) since the start of her treatment... meaning going back to the beginning. Having been through it twice already doesn't make the third time a charm. It's just as difficult this time, though the "depression" over losing it didn't seem to last as long (at least outwardly displayed) as the previous times. Still... nonetheless upsetting to have to go through it once again. She... and I quote Emmah "is like some kind of weird cat shedding all over the place".

With the Indian Summer weekend I hoped to get more done around here that pertained to the perpetual "finishing" of the exterior of the house. I ended up helping my neighbor by helping him get a rented log splitter in place. He's not in the best of health and I didn't want to see him sprawled out in the alley. I also moved the logs from the side of his garage to a more convenient place... like next to the splitter... for him. I further helped by giving him Nick to help him since his helper (his grandson... who's like the same age as Nick) abandon him in favor of his dance lessons. It ended up netting Nick some cash for his effort.

My neighbor, once done with his pile, told me that he had another hour left and wanted to know if I had anything to split. Who am I to pass up an opportunity like that? I did indeed have some logs to split and got busy straight away. I only got through about 1/3 of my pile, but that's okay... it's one third that doesn't have to be hand split. I also (hopefully) got the last of the leaves off the lawn. Moved some into the compost bin and will be keeping the rest to cover some plants (to help them through the winter) that went in late(r) this fall.

Luckily, the weather looks good for the remainder of the week and we shouldn't (knock on wood) have to be making any hospital visits thus allowing me to make some headway. Unfortunately the glass block window we ordered for the upstairs bathroom had a chip in it so it's been reordered.

Much to the dismay of the children we are entering "soup season". This is the time of the year that we start making soup. We have several in the rotation with some being more popular than others... with the kids. Julie and I like all the soups we've made. Today's entry was an Italian Wedding Soup... really really tasty. Unless it looks, smells or tastes like chicken noodle soup it is met with considerable scrutiny. Even though today's soup has a chicken stock base... there was a lot of staring at the bowls by Rachael, Jake and Lyndsey... with Jake trying to (I think) will it away... I quote (Jake) "I hate soup season". I suspect to see the same expression when I serve the chili (I also made today) for dinner tomorrow.

This just in... some days, one kid is too much... let alone six! Continually baffled that kids so smart can be "so dumb" and lack a cognitive thought process to get them from "point a" to "point b". Looking for the Calgon epiphany... what IS the ancient Chinese secret?

KEIYTAP

No comments: