A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

29 October, 2009

Up Down...

And we're still around.

Still at the hospital.

I'm going to advocate for getting out of here, but we shall see how that goes. I have a roommate that doesn't seem all that interested in going home. So it's going to be a double "sell job".

She got blood yesterday and platelets this morning. Her WBC (after sitting at .2 for a while) went up to .4 and then back down to .2 yesterday... today it's back to .4. Hopefully this is the real deal and it's on the rise... for real.

I'm getting a little tired of watching Disney Channel... Hannah Montana and I Carly... and the like. I'd also like to reiterate something here... contrary to popular belief, I CAN'T sit on me bottom all day long it doth protest.

So biding my time is how I'm spending my time and wondering why it is that Emmah is resistant to leave... or even hint that she wants to leave. I think that at some level she rather likes being "doped" up and being waited on hand and foot and having the TV basically to herself and no fighting crying arguing whining siblings to have to contend with.

While I can't say with certainty how her mouth feels... it is her mouth after all... I am having a difficult time believing that the pain that she's experiencing is unchanged since Monday. The caption doesn't match the picture exactly. The only thing I have to go on regarding mouth pain is a cavity or tooth being sensitive or an abscess. They always ask to give a pain rating on a 1-10 scale... 10 being the most intense. When her Dilaudid (pain med) starts to wear off... her rating is 6-7-8... when it's working... it's more like a 2. Again... I find it difficult to believe that there's been no change.

This just in... I may not have to advocate for anything... they might be sending us home. Time will tell... I'll keep ya posted.

KEIYTAP

No comments: