So yesterday marked the end of Emmah's chemo... for the week. She will be on a one week on two weeks off kind of schedule. That is assuming that her counts recover in time to start the next round. That's also assuming that the chemo she's taking is doing/does something... I mean let's face it we're not giving chemo just to give chemo.
Once again, we have the knowns. Still... it's the unknowns that are slowly, steadily and surely grinding and wearing us down. We know that the CT showed multiple (3) tumors. We also now have the MIBG scan results and those results match up with what the CT showed. In other words, no surprises. We are thankful once again that there is no bone, or bone marrow involvement and that the only involvement is limited to the tumors themselves.
I'd rather there be no involvement at all!
For me, the hardest part isn't the fight itself... per se... it's the not knowing the answer to said fight. It's the not knowing the final outcome. I consider myself to be modestly "intelligent" but this is one answer that I just don't have and can't even begin to guess or predict. It's like predicting how old you will live... you just don't know until that day happens. I guess the irony in that is... when THAT day comes, the only ones that know will be the ones you leave behind.
So going forward the plan is to not scan Emmah to death but to keep an eye on her symptoms and keep tabs that way. She seems to be doing worse, then we need to change things up a bit. She seems to be doing better... then at least for the moment... stay the course. We will know things soon enough should she get on that trial... she will have to have a full work up prior to starting.
She doesn't seem to be relying on the pain med as much... hopefully that's a good sign.
I don't know if we need a miracle or not, but I'm not against asking for one at this point.
I surely would take one...
KEIYTAP
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
17 October, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment