That screeching/rubbing sound you hear is me pushing my soapbox out. Before dusting it off and stepping on though I wanted to mention that Emmah is done with radiation... yesterday was the last day. We will be doing some follow up scans in a couple of weeks. I suspect to see what's what and to have baseline scans post treatment. I can say (without hesitation) that I won't miss the daily drive into the city.
On another note... the other day Lyndsey and Ana were in the family room watching their morning shows and playing and I was in the other room. I could hear them talking in there as they played. Of the multiple shows that are their "favorite"... two of them are Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go. If you are not familiar with either of those shows, Dora was first and Diego came second. They (Dora and Diego) also speak Spanish... a lot of Spanish and some of the characters don't speak any English. The premise of Diego is that he's an animal rescuer... the animals all talk and some cry out... one being (as he is known) baby jaguar... they call out Ayudame! (Spanish for help me)
Back to Lyndsey and Ana. Like I said, they are playing and I'm in the next room. I can't see them, only hear them. I hear Lyndsey saying Ayudeme... Ayudame! To which Ana replies... "You're not baby jaguar Lyndsey!"
Now *grunt* *groan* pardon me as I step up.
Why is it... that we have shows where "half" the words spoken are Spanish? Aren't there Spanish only stations? How about we teach all the non English speaking people (that live here) oh... I don't know... to speak English?
Why is it... that a squirrel will run half way into the road... stop as you approach... and instead of continuing the way he was going (away from the front of your car) he darts back the other way and back in front of you?
Why is it... that (and this is where I really show my age, although this wouldn't have flown in my book even when I was much younger) it is now fashionable to wear your pants hanging half way down and falling off you? I had a kid... and I must add that this fashion "statement" is primarily displayed within a certain demographic... that took his sweet old time getting out of the way of the truck. As he did so, his pants literally fell off him. The kids were in the car and I told Nick that if he ever wore his pants like that... I'd staple them on to his person.
Why is it... that a gentleman (and I use that term loosely) felt the need to let it all hang out and urinate in full view of passing traffic? I won't mention the ethnicity of this person, but I will say that he was not Caucasian. It was Monday (when we were going to U of C) at Garfield just east of King drive in Washington park. The first building on the right after that intersection has a parking lot that is along side the road there and in there was a man... next to his pick-up truck... facing traffic... wizzing. I'm not saying that I haven't (over the years) found myself in a similar position... urgently needing to go and having nowhere to go... but geez man how about a little discreetness?
Yikes! I think I kinda channeled Archie Bunker there...
I guess that's it, I will put my box away now...
Lastly... can anyone help us out with Emmah? I'm looking for advice on how to motivate Emmah to take her supplements...
DAILY...
WITHOUT HAVING TO BE TOLD OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN?
These supplements (we feel) will help her put her own body in a better position to fight off... oh I don't know... things like... say CANCER! We have been fighting with her for over a year now. When I say that I've tried every angle (and believe me) I'm pretty certain that I have. Short of jamming them down her throat I'm/we're at a loss.
Did I mention that we have to hound her to take them?
Until the next boiling over...
KEIYTAP
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
23 September, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Some things never seem to change and the sights and sounds of the city seem to be some of those things.
Luv, Mom
Post a Comment