A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

11 September, 2009

Is there a better month than September?

I mean really... well, it's my favorite anyway with October close behind.

I'm posting today to mention a few things...

One (and I forgot to previously mention) Jake made it to the Plus (gifted) program. I never had any doubt. Emmah made it, Nick made it and now Jake. I totally suspect/expect that Rachael and Lyndsey will make it when their time comes. Ana is another story. I think there are a few loose wires in there... though Julie blames it on old eggs. Time will tell.

Emmah and Nick both made All-City Band... congrats to them. Oh and Nick earned his marching band uniform by memorizing America.

And lastly... I'm left to wonder how it is that weird perception of time leaves you feeling like something happened a lifetime ago and yet again like it happened yesterday. I'm talking of the 9/11 attacks. Emmah was in kindergarten and we were sitting with three less kids than we are today... boy THAT seems like forever ago! Eight years with so much change happening... the scars remain... though less visible... they still remain. Still with all the change... much remains the same too... proving the old saying "the more things change, the more they stay the same".

That's about as philosophical as I'm going to get tonight...

No comments: