Okay class... what does NED mean?
Anyone... ? Anyone... ?
Sure... I know... you're thinking it spells Ned... like Ned Flanders.
I'm talking about the acronym N E D... or more specifically in our case N E (d) D.
N E D stands for No Evidence of Disease... Emmah is (and I don't think that this is an official label) N E d D standing for No Evidence of distinguishing/discernible Disease.
They were able to compare the MIBG from March with this one and they felt that what they were seeing this time around compared to what was seen from March were too different, or different enough, and that the "hot spots" that were on the March scan were not on this one. It's not a totally clean NED, but they can't say for certain that what's being seen now is actual disease either especially since the most recent CT was normal and showed no abnormal growths.
No matter how you spell it, she doesn't have any measurable disease and since that is the case, she is precluded from the Fenretinide study. So it's radiation (no chemo) watch closely and wait... again.
Don't stop Keeping Emmah In Your Thoughts And Prayers just yet... we are still in need of them as we are far from being out of the woods.
This is a really good (second) first step though.
KEIYTAP
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
30 July, 2009
Let's see if anyone is paying attention...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jeff, this news has made my day! I know it is a guarded diagnosis, but it is also what we have been praying for. I know it has been such a long dark journey, but let's take whatever good comes along. Luv, Mom
Go Emmah... Go Emmah!! We want to make a cheer for her. Give me an N, give me an E and then a D! Heather is back in cheerleading!
Thinking of you all and glad to hear this good news... another great step.
Always in our prayers!
Post a Comment