A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

22 February, 2008

Well shame on me... yet again... I've been somewhat lax in the keeping things up to date department. In some fairness to me, I've been wrestling with a cold of mythical proportions since my birthday (the 5th) and only recently (within the past 3 days or so) have I begun to feel more like my old cranky self again. It's difficult to escape the germs once they've entered the house. Our house is fair size (for a family of four) but with eight, it becomes one giant petri dish as most of the "living" is done in two or three rooms and with not being able to escape to get outside and work on the house (given our recent weather around here) one becomes trapped and thus part of the experiment.

I know that Emmah posted something on her page commemorating Lyndsey's birthday. I would like to go on record that I didn't forget, but I never got around to doing anything myself. So here it is now... only 13 days late... Happy 3rd Birthday Lyndsey. She got to partake in the making of her birthday brownie. Luckily for everyone, Julie didn't eat all of the batter and there was enough to make the heart brownie.








100, 101, 102, 103... ever heard of an electric hand mixer?









Three... right?








Too pretty to eat...










Let's get this party started... where's the milk?



Another thing worthy of mention... Ana is now a Jedi. That's right Anawhine Floorwalker... she likes to play with the light sabers that the kids have and for the ones that don't make battery operated noises... she makes her own swooshing sounds.











She's now walking and has been for the past month or so... not too bad considering that she didn't even start crawling until she was over a year old. Prior to that she didn't even let her legs hang down if you picked her up... it was like picking up a ball.

Lastly... here's a pic that I was able to get of the eclipse the other night.






Just so we're clear, this was not taken by the Hubble telescope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Brownie heart sure looked good. I know that it was enjoyed by all!
How bout that eclipse....spectacular!
Luv, Mom
PS - Glad to hear that you are feeling better!