We wrote the book on party! Let's see... Lyndsey checked out about 11:15... kind of expected that. Jake fell asleep literally five minutes before 2006 became 2007 and was in no mood, nor did he care one wit that the new year was upon us. Nick said g-nite as soon as it was 12:01:01... and so... we quietly welcomed in 2007.
At last... 2006 is done and I for one will not miss it. Without much fanfare another year has swirled down the ol'commode... it's just I don't feel like enough was done to kick 2006 outta here. It was given more of a gentle excusing. In my book, 2006 deserved being kicked out the door, down the alley to the curb and sent crashing down the hill coming to rest in a flaming heap! With the exception of Ana's birth, I can't think of much of anything else that makes this year worthy of remembering. I imagine there may have been something else, but my recent memory is a tad obstructed and clouded which is casting a grayness over what was 2006.
'06 managed to get in one last parting shot before saying g-bye by leaving us with a "bug" for the whole family to contend with... everyone 'cept Ana. Jake seems to be the one to have brought it in the house... he got it first, then Nick. We are all over it now (as of this posting) but it wasn't fun since it hit four us at the same time... Lyndsey was on the end of it when Rachael, Julie, Emmah and I came down with it all within like 10 hours of one another. It got two of our in for the holiday's visitors as well... "Auntie" Lesley and "Auntie" Nee Nee. Sorry 'bout that little gift there ladies... didn't have time to wrap it. Look out Colorado and Washington; it's coming your way.
A funny side note to us all getting ill... Ana's baptism got put off... again.
We're not sure if we will get around to finishing our decorating of the Christmas tree since well... Christmas IS over. We managed two strings of lights and a handful of ornaments... ornaments that were received as gifts on Christmas morning, and if not for those, the tree would be bare of ornaments. I believe the desire to finish it is there, but our days to complete it are numbered and are dwindling, as are the trees.
See Emmah's post from the 23rd of December to help understand why the tree didn't get finished beforehand.
Our days are numbered because we are on the brink of the second phase of Emmah's therapy... the stem-cell rescue phase... the 3-5 weeks in isolation phase... not once, but twice... they are doing a tandem rescue. So I will be in isolation along with her... hope I have a good view. Hopefully we will get a break in between the two... I'd like use that time to reintroduce myself to the rest of my children. We will find that out (if we get that break) in the upcoming week or so. With any luck we might be done with this phase come (sigh) OMG April... pray and wish for uneventful stays. No whammies!
We are hopeful that 2007 will bring us some much needed mental relief and some long overdue good news stories to tell, cuz quite honestly, I feel that we deserve a little. That's not to say that no one else does, everyone deserves it... we all deserve to be happy, but in a way I feel like we are back owed some. 2007 will be the year that brings some positive energy into this place!
Allrightythen, not much of anything else is post worthy...
Happy New Year y'all...
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
01 January, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment