A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

17 January, 2007

The Time Is Upon Us Now...

So tomorrow begins our stay at Children's where neither Emmah nor I will be home for somewhere between 3-5 weeks... well that's how long they say. We will be spending my birthday, as well as Lyndsey's in the hospital. No biggie for me, I mean it's just like any other day... nothing special... I stopped caring a long time ago when cool things stopped happening on my birthday. But Lyndsey... Lyndsey is turning two and well, every birthday that your child celebrates isn't one to be missed, so Emmah and I are sad that we will miss it.

Six days before being cast into isolation... six daze of chemo, one day of rest and then her own stem cells reintroduced. Then it's a waiting game... not unlike this whole ordeal that has been our lives these past five, soon to be six, months. Can you believe it... six months... already? Yikes! We need to push past these next 6-10 weeks, and then, God willing, our hospital stays should be a thing of the past... radiation will be done as out patient.

As Tom Petty said... The Waiting Is The Hardest Part.

Anyway... just a quick update,

KUIYTAP

No comments: