...there's fire!
Kind of frightening to see your grill ablaze in orange flames and not the decal kind that you see on those choice rides driven by people of certain ethnicities.
No, these flames were throwing off some heat... a real live grease fire. I was preheating the grill for the barbeque that the kids wanted and I had it on high to burn off the grilling grates a little. I was just getting ready to turn it down when Julie pointed out that the grill was on fire. I couldn't tell how much it was on fire with it closed and so I opened it to see... well... everything orange. YIKES! So I quickly turned off the tank and watched the smoke turn black like when you know, you see something on fire before it gets put out.
It was Julie to the rescue as she quickly went in and got some baking soda... luckily it did the trick and unlike previous mishaps I've had with grills in my developing years, no hairs were singed this time.
LORD OF THE FLIES...
Lord of the fruit flies that is. Let's go back a few weeks or so ago, Julie purchases some nectarines and brings them inside. Along with the nectarines some apples were bought and brought into the house. David Copperfield ain't got nothing on these pieces of fruit. Yup, they plum disappeared. Then the regional invitations went out to all the fruit flies and we became party central for the fruit flies... knowing all along it was the disappeared fruit that was causing this invasion. Try as we might... and we did... we could not find said disappeared fruit. The flies could, but they weren't telling. We couldn't tell either where they were coming from, just that they seemed to be everywhere. For some unknown reason, they like to congregate in the bathroom... maybe their vanity gets the best of them.
Anyway, after much "where the hell are those nectarines" cries, Julie finally found them... well what was left of them... seems the flies don't do well with the pits. We do feel a little better knowing that we found the elusive nectarines since the fruit fly population is slightly thinned. The apples are still at large!
AND...
Not to be forgotten or overlooked, Ana had her first encounter with the toilet, as in her first seat to TCB. While it may be a fluke (the movement of the moment) it's a step. One step towards finally breaking free of diapers... 12 of our 14 years of marriage has been spent changing diapers.
KEIYTAP
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
27 September, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment