A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

02 September, 2008

Ooh, ooh That Smell...

Can't you smell that smell?

Ahh... pullin' out some more lyrics there... Lynyrd Skynyrd this time.

Okay then, the best smell poll is closed and my readership must be slipping. I know... who wants to pick up an old news paper and keep reading the same article over and over? Maybe if your wrote more frequently Jeff they might be inclined to read and vote. Oh well...

I just wanted to mention what got me started on that last poll in the first place. We have to go back a few weeks first. I was working on the deck, painting house trim prior to its going on the house. As I was doing that, my neighbor came out and started grilling at some point, or so I thought. See he has a grill with a side burner on it and he was using that to cook up something. I mention to him that it smells like bacon (that he's making) to which he replies, "It is." A moment later, I said, "Did I mention that it smells good?" He just smiled and nodded his head... probably in amusement knowing that he was driving me crazy with that bacon smell wafting over.

side note: Perhaps you're pondering why the heck he was outside frying up bacon on his grill... why not inside on the stove? Well maybe he's avoiding having to clean up the grease spatters. Actually, he totally gutted and renovated his entire house (extensive termite problem) and doesn't have their kitchen complete.

Anyhow, for me, you can't beat the smell of bacon. Then that got the wheel turning and I wondered who doesn't like the smell of bacon? I suspect it's a short list. Even if you don't eat it you still have to bow to it's enticing smell. It's just one of those smells that you mostly hear people say "Oooo... bacon." So it was this particular smelling of the bacon got me thinking about what things do people find alluring or perhaps enticing to smell? Hence the smell poll.

For the record, chocolate chip cookies (or other type of cookie) took the top spot with all of 4 votes followed by a tie (with three each) between bacon and cinnamon rolls/bread. Emmah couldn't help herself and didn't adhere to the 'only three' rule and proceeded to pick eight!

Me personally, I like them all (obviously) that's why they were there. To me each and everyone of those smells solicits or triggers a response. Even though I don't drink coffee anymore, the smell of fresh ground beans still reminds me of (I think I got this right) the A & P grocery stores. I realize that some stores have grinders in the aisles today, but for quite some time they didn't and the only memory I have is of the A&P... which I see have all moved to the East coast now, mostly the New York area.

Sorry drifting there...

Anyway, time to think of another poll, but first bedtime.

KEIYTAP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, your're right, it is the A&P. I always wanted to go with my Mom whenever she was going to the A&P, because I too, was enticed by the smell of the fresh groud coffee. My Mom and Dad always bought their coffee there. They chose the red bag, I believe it was "Eight O'clock coffee".....Just thinking about it now conjours up that wonderful aroma! Luv, Mom