A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

06 June, 2008

Happy June (I know it's a tad late)

Getting some things done while time marches on... news you didn't know you needed to know.

So another school year is in the books... and good news... everyone is moving on to the next grade.

There was no danger of them not moving. Please make note... Emmah is now a 7th grader, Nick is now a 5th grader, Jake is now a second grader and a new addition to the mix Rachael... she will be entering kindergarten. The kids are looking forward to a summer of moaning about how hot it outside... they've been able to get some practice in this week. I do know that they are all looking forward to the start of swim lessons.

Progress on the house continues, in spite of the humid weather. I've determined that I'm contributing to the humidity with every drop of sweat that falls from my nose and brow... and that's a lot. The front porch has a floor now (primed three times over, needs to be painted) and stairs now to go along with the new front door. Aside from the fact that I've done all the work on it, up front is looking pretty damn good... well, it ain't hurt the curb appeal any.

I like to think of all the money we're saving by not working with gas being what it is. Lump it or leave it... put up or shut up... I guess it doesn't really do any good to bitch about it since it's going to be what it's going to be. It's funny, the cheapest (somewhat recent) memory of the cost of a gallon of gas is $1.25. Obviously that goes back some years, but I remember when it went to $1.45 and I thought what a rip. Now? Hmph... it's 3x that and only going up!

Mopeds for everyone!

No real point to any of this, just tappin' the keyboard... beat the heat any way you can.

KUIYTAP

1 comment:

Emmah said...

HURRAY FOR MOPEDS!!!!!!