A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

21 June, 2008

LEGOLAND!

So we last left off saying good morning (and good-bye) to the ranger in the Hawaiian shirt... I failed to mention (by the way) the Hawaiian shirt in the previous MAW post... Finding A Really BIG Hole In The Ground. Being us (naturally) we couldn't just pack it up and leave. Even with no gift shop to peruse, stopping for photos and bathrooms kept us going in a circle; it still took us an hour (or so) to get out of the park. Eventually circling our way around to the gate we were out... and on our way to Legoland! Well... more specifically to the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort (GPPR) then to Legoland.

Is This Heaven?
No... it's Carlsbad. We arrived at the GPPR to find that our backpack had made it... you remember the backpack right... left behind... way back in Cascade? I'd like to take a moment and point out that we're lucky that it made it since the day that we pulled out (and subsequently left it behind) was that last day of their season. Basically closing the gate as we pulled out. We realized that is was missing the next morning in Durango. Luckily for us they answered the phone when Julie called and were able to send it on ahead.

Okay... back to GPPR. We pulled into the front drive with one lump on the top of the truck and one lump hanging off the back... and a lump in the driver's seat. Julie went in to get us checked in and after a bit she came out with the backpack and a loaned screwdriver. The backpack had to be reassembled. So I sat there, in the driver's seat, putting the backpack back together and she went back in to finish checking in. I don't rightly remember what the hold up was, but as I sit and think back on it, I remember thinking "what's taking so long in there?" I can't rightly say either what the problem was, but only remember that our rooms weren't going to be adjoining rooms... there was a room in between us... this may have contributed to the delay since, I think, they were trying to accommodate us. Once we got our key cards, the next stumbling block was parking. Julie comes out and tells me that there's underground parking. Fantastic... what's the height clearance? I bet we're too tall with that lump on the top... we were. Now what? Well, you can park along this one side of the building, but just the one row adjacent to the building... in any other spot, you will be towed. We got lucky there was one open and it was just our size. The upside to where the GPPR was located was that it was walking distance to Legoland... it was right down the street... and I wouldn't have to relinquish my spot until it was time to leave for Disney. We unpacked what we needed and headed on up to our rooms.

"Daddy... what's this big square thing with the pillows and blanket?"
"That's a bed."
"What's a bed?"
"You sleep on them... remember?"
"Are you sure?", "They are so high up off the ground and... ohhhh... so comfy."

It was nice to sleep on a bed (which has to wait until later) and have a bathroom within fall out of bed distance. Mostly it was nice to not have to set up that damn tent!

Once we settled in, we made our way down the street for day 1 of Legoland. Not much to tell other than everyone seemed to have a good time... I will let the pictures tell the tale.



All that and another day to go, but not before Julie took advantage of a kodak? moment.
No Legos here... ploppin' and floppin' and yes... that's me in the corner there.







To be fair... we had all feasted on some really fine fare from the Karl Strauss Brewery (which was adjacent to the motel) Once the testing of the beds were complete (which was morning) we were hungry... to the brewery for the all you can eat breakfast buffet!













Now that we've feasted (again) it's time to get a start on day two of Legoland. Since Disney is tomorrow, we need to go back to the room... pack it up and check out for after Legoland we ride... as Disney is tomorrow!

But first, here are more photos (day two) warning: these photos may look strikingly like day one photos.



So with that we must bid the GPPR , the Karl Strauss Brewery and Legoland a fond adieu and make our way to the Sheraton Anaheim Hotel... and three more nights in a bed. I had thought that I'd add the Disney experience here as well, but I've decided to save it as it's own entry.

So next up then will be Disney.

KUIYTAP

No comments: