A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

02 February, 2007

Say Hello To My Little Friend... Day +7

So... it's Day +7

What does that mean? It means that yesterday was Day +6 and tomorrow is Day +8. Okay... it means that it's been one week since she got her cells back. It means that she's had a week to "recover". It means that it's time for me to take a shower.

Okay... actually I did that yesterday... but it's kind of like camping... got nowhere to go and not seeing anyone... it's just too easy to wake up and do nothing and let one day roll into the next... not even bothering to change your clothes. I know... disgusting. It had in fact become a contest... to only me I guess... to see how long I could go without one, that is to say who would not be able to handle it first... me, Emmah or the staff. I finally caved and decided that I could no longer tolerate myself and the staff was just being polite. I would've/could've gone longer, it wasn't that bad, but I figured it was high time... and no, I will not divulge how long it was between showers... only the nose, sniff... sniff, knows... but I think I eclipsed my old record.

Hey, records are made to be broken...


Okay... so today is Day +7 and that means it's the start of her Neupogen... all part of it all. Follow that link to see what Neupogen is and does. It's been a long week of a raw throat, sore mouth and sore bottom region. The sore bottom is due to the Thiotepa and her peeling skin and the new skin is kinda raw and well, it's starting in very inconvenient spots for her. She was up 'til like 4am this morning... and has finally fallen asleep... finally.

She is doing better, they keep on saying that she looks great, but honestly, what else are they gonna say, "she looks like crap"? Anyway, she does look pretty good given all she's gone and is going through. Her spirit is lifting a tad now now that the soreness of the throat seems to be lessening... just a tad. She's not suctioning out as much mucus as before, it's mostly saliva now and she's also better able to talk now... too bad, was enjoying the quiet. Seriously though, she is improving and if you've been checking in to Emmah's blog page, where I'm posting and updating her counts, you'll see that her WBC is on the rise... very small, but at least the less than symbol is gone.

Not much else to tell, just waiting and waiting... though, I must say that if one is to be trapped indoors, this is the time of the year to be trapped. I can honestly say that we're not missing the experience of the bitter cold weather that has descended upon the area.

Okay then, until the next posting...

KUIYTAP

No comments: