A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

19 February, 2007

Well... like Julie said, they've been sprung!

It is nice to have our family running at full dysfunctionality once again... and to celebrate, we took down the Christmas tree yesterday. It was just a tad dry and was dropping just a few needles... we won't talk about the dust that had accumulated on it. We are truly dysfunctional and a wee bit quirky... I don't know of anyone who takes their tree down like we do... either by pruners, or this year a sawzall! Oh Yeah!
We've cut them up every year but this year we've decided to save it to burn this fall in the firepit... the firepit that still has to be built.

We feel guilt wash over us when it's time to rid the house of the tree... I mean it was, after all, perfectly happy in the ground before we came along and cut it down and
once it's services are no longer needed, we cast it out to the alley... we experience this guilt every year. Then this year... because of circumstances beyond our control, it didn't even get a proper decorating... a couple of strings of lights that only covered the top 2/3 of the tree and a hand full of ornaments that were received as gifts this year.

Sorry... I digress.

It is nice, in a weird way, to be able to be enjoying this dysfunctionality... we're making the best of it since Emmah's stay will be short... two weeks short. BUT... this is, as they say, the home stretch... that and it's the last chemo session... hopefully forever! So let's get it done and over with and behind us!

I know Julie mentioned that we'd be going back in on the 26th, but according to the powers that be... the good Doctors at CMH... we were told that she wouldn't starting the second transplant before day +35, or day 35... anyhow, the 26th is day 31. We obviously need to find out what's what here, I mean they didn't arbitrarily choose day 35... so I called the other day. We're still waiting on an answer... perhaps they'll have one today when we go to clinic.

Emmah has been working on eating and drinking more, and she's coming around... having to yet again, but not enough to be free of her TPN.

I also would like to echo the sentiments expressed by Julie that and express my thanks once again. To all who have helped us... past, present and hopefully into the future when, or if, needed... we couldn't have done it without you all... thanks.


KUIYTAP

No comments: