A nickel to anyone who can name (without cheating) each language... okay... maybe two nickels. To be honest and fair, I wouldn't be giving myself any nickels. I came across a website that claims to have over 465 ways to say thanks/thank you. I will take them at their word.
Thanks to all that made last Friday night the 26th (Angels for Emmah) an overwhelming amazingly memorable evening... neither it nor the efforts will be forgotten.
The evening was more than I could've imagined... and way more than we expected. People who wouldn't have known us without a program were in plentiful supply. Perhaps they were hungry for spaghetti. Perhaps is was for the baked goods. Perhaps is was for the prospect of winning prizes. Perhaps it merely was for having a kind and generous heart or for a wanting to help and in the absence of knowing what to do this just felt right. I think that it was for all of this and more. For whatever the reason, Emmah was not the only angel in attendance that night, everyone who came and/or contributed is truly an angel not only for Emmah but to us as well... we are blessed.
Thanks to everyone who planned this event, this was a massive undertaking. Thanks to everyone who helped those who planned... those who contributed their time, energy and expertise to help. Thanks to those who donated items whether it was food or items for the raffle/auction.
Just saying thanks seems somewhat inadequate and trite... much like saying sorry for your loss. In the end though, these words serve in their "inadequacy".
Thank you.
KEIYH
2 comments:
I think I can comment on a very common theme of the event....everyone was HONORED to be able to help, and you are right....words never seem to be able to express the feelings and emotions that one wishes to convey.
Luv you,
Mom
I do agree i think that helping is a good way of saying what I do not know how to say, or what to say, or when to say........i was glad to help
Post a Comment