A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

06 March, 2010

Kids... changing your perspective for a millennia

Ahhh... a lovely Saturday morning, sun is shining and the birds are singing... supposed to be near 50 today. Time to get outside in some way and enjoy it, but first breakfast.

A morning ritual of mine (when not in the hospital) was to make a breakfast smoothie. Speaking of morning rituals... we all have them. Some make coffee... some have a smoke... some do both. I think that for most of us, usually a stop to the terlet (as Archie Bunker sez) to take care of some biz is generally in order. So for the first time since getting home, I made a smoothie.

In addition to the other rituals... we umm... fart... or what my dad would used to call it when I was little, a breezer. I know... Anyway, we call a fart a fart in this house and well with it being the morning and all I uhh... popped one off while pouring out some smoothie while Jake was walking behind me. It prompted a "EWW" from Jake. Then as he's walking to get his cup (so I can give him a refill) he mutters... "I wonder if you could taste a fart?"

My first thought was why would you want to? In my entire life... least from what I can remember of all the 45 years... I've never had the thought as to the tasteability of a fart.

KEIYH

2 comments:

Julie & Jeff said...

Thank you for a good laugh. :-D

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you posting again.