A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

03 April, 2009

One down and ???? to go

So today marks the end of Emmah's first (but not only nor last) cycle of chemo. Other than the very first day when she got sick, she hasn't been sick since. So that is a plus. Unlike the other times that she's been on chemo... she's eating. That's a plus. Shocking as it may seem, she's actually doing her homework. That is also a plus.

I mean really... what the heck is going on here?

This weekend starts six days of Neupogen (or the granulocyte colony-stimulating factor... GCSF for short) to try and get her marrow super producing stem cells. We will be going in on Friday so that they can draw labs to check a marker in her blood to see if she's going to be able to be harvested. We then will be going back on the 13th... that following Monday to check it again and if the marker is up high enough, then she will be harvested over the course of two days and we will have stems cells in reserve should the need arise. Hope that her marrow is recovered enough and is able to produce those little stem cells.

Then pray for a bountiful harvest and...

THEN pray that we'll never have to use them!


KEIYTAP


3 comments:

Kim Holinbeck said...

hey Emmah

I am impressed you are getting that homework done. Hope it is a good week and you have a nice Easter.

Kim and Heather

Joyce Gustafson said...

Hi Emmah, We are keeping those prayers going! We are going to say them even, when you won't need them. You are a brave young lady and I know you are going to go places in your life. Keep using them big brains God gave You!! Well Honey, have a wonderful Easter and don't eat too much Candy???
Love and prayers,
Joyce
Grandma's Magician(hairdresser)

Mark Lackner said...

Hey Emmah,
I knew your Mom in high and have heard about your story from her. I still remember her as a tenacious and determined runner (and person in general) and sounds like you have that in spades as well. Not that it matters to hear it from a near random stranger but I'm rooting for you, and sorry to hear about the pretzels.
Mark Lackner