Sometimes you catch one, sometimes it seems you can't.
Sometimes... you just need one!
And so it goes, the beat goes on and blah blah blah...
I know it's been a while since I've taken fingers to keyboard, but I didn't see anyone out marching and protesting that I wasn't writing anything anymore. I figure that "readership" (as it was at the peak) is considerably down. Yeah well, not much to write about and who really wants to read the ramblings of a pushing 48... or as Julie puts it... almost 50 year old? My kids have long since grown tired of my tirades/diatribes and monologues/speeches that they too no longer listen... oh wait, that's just them being kids. They could at least work on looking like they're listening and not look so glazed over as I speak to them.
The expression out of the frying pan and into the fire seems to have firmly rooted itself into our family's existence, 'cept it's more like out of the frying pan and into the fire and back into the frying pan and back into the fire and so on and so on. Born under a bad sign. If we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all... you get the point.
What is the point of all this?
It seems that the god of bad luck has decided to pay us a visit, challenging us yet again to see if we're able to get up off the mat and rise again.
What IS this fool talking about?
It is with a great deal of incredulousness (I can't believe that I am typing out the following words) that I say there is another cancer battle to be had, this time it's Julie and it's breast cancer.
No, unfortunately that is not a typo...
(note to self, think of something else to write about on blog, don't want to be typecast as a cancer writer...)
I won't go into great detail as to the... well... details, but I will say that it was caught quite early and while it's never ideal to be told that you have cancer, the outcome looks quite promising. Notice I didn't say easy. As it stands today, and she's had the work ups, the prognosis is a good one. Her histology is good and we've/she's been told that the tumor's biology seems to indicate that is it more indolent. There will be surgery and that is scheduled to take place the 10th of July. As things stand today and pending lymph node involvement (and we won't know that until the 10th) there shouldn't be any chemo.
To be honest, it's rather hard to separate out thought/feelings with this development as our last duel with cancer ended with a huge loss. We both understand that any similarity between Julie and Emmah having cancer is just that... it begins and ends with them being diagnosed with cancer. Having said that and in spite of knowing it, it's still hard to not be tainted by the ghosts of cancer battles past as we are being forced to step back on the cancer treadmill.
So toss an extra nickel in the fountain on the 10th...
Peace
At times unwanted, but often are we uncomfortably thrust into living with it. To borrow part of a line from the movie Heartbreak Ridge, "You adapt, you overcome"...
In memory of Emmah ~ KEIYH
A small request... please
I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.
Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.
I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.
In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.
Thank-you
KEIYH
KEIYH
21 June, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment