A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

01 May, 2010

Restless mundaneness...

So April is behind us and May is here... so...

It's 80 days since our lives were forever altered... the (Webster's liberties again -->) unfillable void. I don't want anyone to think that I'm just sitting on that number knowing exactly how many days... I had to stop and add it up/count it out on a calendar. I will be sad (if I'm still walking this Earth... hey, one never knows) when the day comes that the days that she's gone exceed the days that she was here.

May will be a busy month for us as we were accepted to Camp Sunshine's family bereavement weekend. Camp Sunshine is a camp for kids that have life threatening conditions. We had talked about sending Emmah there, but she really enjoyed Camp Quality and well... Camp Quality was about a 1,000 miles closer (Frankfort) than Camp Sunshine (Maine) but that's where we'll be headed via Niagara Falls.

So it's bittersweet that we will be heading out there without her... well at least without her physical in the flesh presence. In a way looking forward to the trek out there as we will be traveling uncharted roads through middle Michigan, Ontario Canada with a stop to see Niagara Falls. Then on through (kind of) upstate New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and finally on into Maine. I'm the only one to have been to the falls, but it was somewhere around the turn of the century, so it will be like new for me too. If only we didn't have that empty seat in the truck.

I've decided that I will no longer be sharing beverages with my children. I now have a cold and am not happy about it. Hopefully it will be gone by the time we need to depart.

In addition to the Maine trip, Nick has the band trip coming up. Lyndsey is graduating. Jake's birthday and Mother's Day. Julie's mom's birthday and two field trips for Jake help to fill up and round out the month.

For those wondering, Jake's burn is healing up just fine.

KEIYH

No comments: