A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

31 January, 2008

Tis The Season...

Well, it's that time of the year again... though we are not affiliated with any neighborhood competitions that we know of. I'm beginning to wonder if we should keep track of how late ours stays up. The lights have long been forbidden, but we still need to get in that family photo, hopefully this weekend, so they will blaze at least once more before being packed away for another year; their 15th or 16th.

Surprisingly our tree is still pretty needle filled, as a matter of fact, there aren't too many on the floor at all, but it's time to take it down since it's a tad brittle and the water that was in the stand has long since evaporated... that's how we know it's time. That and Jake pointed out that there are cobwebs in the stand, really there's a small dust web in there. I suspect that there will be needles a plenty once we start strippin' it down and cutting it up for burning this fall. Needles that Rachael will be collecting, another strange but true oddity in our house.

Keeping with our tradition, as we feel somewhat guilty for cutting it down in the first place, we want to make use of all of it and not see it end up in the trash. So ornaments come off, lights come off and the sawzall comes in after the lopping shears do their thing.

Looking forward to spring as I'm infected with cabin fever. I'd settle for mid thirties and sunny actually. This just helps to mark out time in a way... the official close to the Gudeman holiday season.

No comments: