A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

14 December, 2007

Oh What Fun It Is To Be A Parent...

It's worth repeating... oh what fun it is to be a parent.

Not wanting to be outdone by Rachael or Lyndsey, Jakob throws his hat into the ring for the "what the hey" contest.

I'm sitting at the computer organizing photos from the Make-A-Wish trip and I hear the door to Jake and Rachael's room close... then open... then close once more. Jake often gets up to go to the bathroom somewhere around midnight. Anyway, I hear the door and think to myself... right on schedule. Strangely though, I don't hear him coming toward, or into, the bathroom... which incidentally is located right behind the office where I'm sitting, they share a wall. See he kinda sleepwalks and that will become obvious here in just a sec.

In the past, he's staggered into the bathroom and gone with the lid closed. One time, he just stood right in front of the sink and peed right there on the floor. (Nick peed IN the sink once)
A couple times during this past week or so, he's actually made the trek downstairs to go in the downstairs bathroom. Ahhh... but tonight was to be different. Why leave the room at all?

I hear the door but I don't hear him behind me in the bathroom. Thinking that perhaps he's taking the really long way by going down the front stairs, I decide that it's time to stop what I'm doing and investigate. I make my way to the bedroom and open the door. He's standing there buck-naked, with a deer in the headlights look... I startled him when I opened the door, peeing directly into the dirty clothes hamper.

Hey, that's better the dresser drawer or the closet... just trying to put a positive spin on.


Might be wise to start sending Rachael to bed in rain gear... and for Jake's sake without scissors.

No comments: