A small request... please

I have a small request and it won't take up much of your time.

Now that Emmah's spirit has left her physical body behind and has completed it's journey "home" I would very much like if you could all take a moment and reflect on Emmah... whether you knew her personally or not. Let us know how she touched/affected or made a difference in your life.

I especially would like to hear from those of you who know/knew her, what your fondest memory or memories of her are. Funny stories and what you remember her likes and dislikes to be (no matter what they are) and what word/words you would use to describe her.

In order to keep all of those thoughts in one place, please, please use this link only for this purpose only.

Thank-you

KEIYH

12 April, 2007

You're Putting What Into Me?

I thought it might be interesting for everyone to see the list of things that have/had been given to Emmah in the name of treating her. This is comprehensive list of what was given/received during just this past (last) rescue/transplant and not the full run of her chemo.

Meds
Vancomycin
Acyclovir
Meropenem
Tobramycin
Fluconozol
Phenergan
Dilaudid
Adivan
Benadryl
Dopamine
Solumedrol
Neupogen
Zofran
Emend
Prevacid
Decadron
Tylenol
Morpahine
Pentamidine


Chemo
Etoposide
Carboplatin
Melphalan

Blood Products
Her own stem cells
Platelets
Red Blood

Other
Saline
Heparin
TPN

Now... I'm almost (that's almost) 4 times as old as Emmah and I can say with a fair amount of confidence that I haven't had even 1/4 of what she had. I'm guessing that I could count on one hand how many different things I've taken... well... okay... perhaps it would take two. That's not to mean that I would've had the same things... I'm referring just to the number (28) different things. I don't think that we even have that many different meds in the house.

Anyway, gazing at that list makes my head spin...

No comments: